How to automatically share Invoices with Clients.
Invoices can be shared automatically with Contacts through email or through Portal. Once automatic Invoice sharing is enabled, every time you run an Invoice (individual or batch) it will be shared automatically with the specified Contact.
When LexCharge is enabled, your Clients receive an email with the Invoice attached, including a link to a payments page, where Invoices can be paid directly and securely.
The following instructions show you how to enable automatic Invoice sharing in your Matter.
1. Navigate to the Matter Dashboard and click 'Edit Matter'.
3. Select 'Share Invoices'.
4. Enter the person's name in the 'Contact Name' field. Allow the name to auto-populate and select the appropriate user from the drop-down list.
- Make sure the contact's email address is valid!
- If you haven't added your Contact to the system yet, they will not appear in the drop-down list. Add their contact record by exiting out of the pop-up window and clicking '+ Add New'> 'Contact'. Then, return to the 'Edit Matter' page to enable Invoice sharing.
5. Select 'Portal' or 'Email'.
6. If you selected 'Email', you will be prompted to choose an email address.
a. If the Contact does not have an email address associated with their record, you will be prompted to edit their Contact information. Select 'click here to edit contact'.
b. Select '+Additional Information' to expand this section.
c. Complete the 'Work Email' and 'Home Email' fields and select 'Save'.
NOTE: You must enter both a work and home email address to access Invoice sharing.
7. Click '+ Add'.
8. You must select 'Save Matter' for the Invoice sharing to be successful.
- Edit the 'Contacts receiving invoices for this matter' by selecting the 'pencil' icon.
- Remove the 'Contacts receiving invoices for this matter' by selecting the 'x' icon.
- Add another Contact by selecting 'Add another'.