How to generate a list of all Time and Expenses billed per Matter on the Premier Tier.
There may be circumstances where you need to pull a list of all Time and Expenses billed for a specific Matter. Follow the steps below to learn how to generate a list of everything you have invoiced, since Matter creation.
1. Navigate to the Matter.
2. Click the 'Matter Billing' tab from the left-hand navigation panel.
3. Set your Billing Options:
a. Date Range: Leave 'From' blank. Today's date is already populated in the 'To' field, by default.
b. Un-toggle 'Exclude previously invoiced items'.
c. 'Time Billed' and 'Costs' are both selected, by default. Un-toggle if you don't want to include one, or both.
4. Click 'Get Answer' to apply your filters.
5. Your results will generate below. Next, click 'Preview Invoice(s)'.
6. Configure your options and click 'Next'.
7. Click 'Run Prebills'.
8. You you will receive a message that your Prebill is processing. Select 'Done'.
9. Your Prebill will populate on the bottom of your screen and will include every time entry and expense you billed to this Matter since creation. Click to open the file, or find the file within your 'Downloads' folder.
NOTE: If you are using the 'Prebills' section, there may be pending activity in that section that has not been billed yet. Once billed, the activities will appear as part of the listed line items.
To bring activities back to Matter Billing from the 'Prebills' section, simply delete the activities from the 'Prebills' section. Doing this will include the pending activity that was in the 'Prebills' section as part of your list, without having to Invoice for that time.
Click here to learn how to pull a report of Payments/Statements per Client.