Setting up your Rocket Matter Account for Surcharging.
With Rocket Matter Pay, you have the option to set up your account with surcharging which permits Rocket Matter Pay to seek processing fees directly from your client. Surcharging is NOT available until you have applied for Rocket Matter Payments and have been approved to process with surcharging capability.
Once you have set up Rocket Matter Pay, for Surcharging, the redirection of processing fees for credit card payments happens automatically. Click here to learn more about surcharging with Rocket Matter Pay.
- Next-day funding is not available for surcharge accounts.
- When Merchants start using the surcharge feature, they will not be able to issue partial refunds in the gateway.
- Merchants will not be able to simply disable surcharging once it is in use. Merchants would need to cancel processing and reapply for Rocket Matter Payments if they no longer wish to surcharge.
- Surcharges will apply to all credit card transactions.
- Surcharges will not apply to a debit card or ACH transaction, nor will they be included in Rocket Matter payment reports.
Navigate to 'Settings', located in the left-hand navigation panel.
When charging client's surcharge fees you will need to update your email receipt templates to include the surcharge fee and total balance of their payment.
Click on 'Edit payment receipt email'.
Add merge-fields for 'Surcharge Amount' and 'Total Payment Amount'. Click here for more information on how to edit your payment receipt email.
Click on 'Edit payment plan receipt email'
Add merge-fields for 'Surcharge Amount' and 'Total Payment Amount'. Click here for more information on how to edit your payment plan receipt email.