How to invoice a batch for matters with current charges.
1. On your dashboard, click on 'Pending Total'.
2. Select 'Matters with current charges'.
This option will only generate invoices for matters with un-billed activity.
3. Be sure to select any additional filters that are applicable. Once complete, click 'Get Answer'.
- Billing Type: Hourly, Flat Fee, Contingency or select all that apply.
- Matters that owe more than: Your selected dollar amount
- Activity From: Select a specific start and end date or leave blank to pull all activity up until your selected end date.
- Select Primary Attorney: Select specific users or leave blank to select all users.
- Select Clients: Select specific client or leave blank to select all clients.
- Filter by Matter Custom Field: Insert both field name and field value
4. Review your report summary.
- Export: Export your report into a report summary.
- Group by client: Group your invoices by client.
5. Select 'Invoice'.
6. Configure Options and select 'Next'.
1. Pre-bill or Invoice:
- Pre-bill: Runs a preview of your invoices, does not modify your matter or trust ledgers. These documents will not be saved to your matter documents. After your pre-bill's are ran, download the zip file for your review.
- Invoice: Generates new invoices and invoice numbers for your batch. Your matter ledger and trust ledger will reflect these changes.
2. Choose your preferred file format:
- Note, if you select a PDF file format you can choose from the additional invoice options.
- If you choose Word Perfect, Word or Excel you cannot choose from the additional invoice options.
3. Additional Invoice Options - Only applicable by selecting a PDF file format from above.
- Compile each client's invoices into one document (PDF only)
- OR/AND Include a client summary page with individual invoice totals and combined total.
7. Choose your Trust Details and click 'Next'.
You have $(Trust funds held in trust. Would you like the invoice(s) to reflect available trust funds as having been transferred?
- Yes, show $ (Trust funds) as transferred towards unpaid invoice(s). Transfer funds and reflect on this invoice. Matter ledger(s) will be adjusted accordingly.
- No, but reserve these funds for transfer from trust account later. If this option is selected, you'll see the funds listed on your trust ledger as pending withdrawal. With a simple click you can confirm to transfer those funds.
- No, don't do anything, I'll manage payments manually. Matter ledger(s) will NOT be adjusted accordingly.
8. Confirm Batch and 'Process Invoices(s)'.
9. Your invoices are being processed. You can leave this page at any time. The progress bar above will remain in place and you will be notified when the batch is complete.
Invoice batch progress: Your invoices are being processed. You can leave this page at any time. The progress bar above will remain in place and you will be notified when the batch is complete.