How to create a Matter Template.
NOTE: If you choose to create a matter name for your template, this matter name will populate each time you use this template. It will override any existing matter names if applied to an existing matter.
5. Click on '+ Additional Data' to expand the screen and add related contacts, custom fields and tags.
Allow the contact name to auto-populate if the contact exists in your Rocket Matter contacts. If the contact does not yet exist in your Rocket Matter system, you will be prompted to add relevant contact information.
Consider including roles such as 'paralegal' or 'associate attorney' as these roles can be utilized when assigning tasks and events.
NOTE: Multiple tasks can be added to a template by repeating these steps.
9. Mark the task or event as a 'Milestone' to allow the linking of other tasks and events to the activity.
- A Milestone indicates that when that activity (Task or Event) is completed, another task or event is triggered.
- Creating a task or event as a milestone gives you the ability to set up additional tasks or events based on the milestone completion date.
10. To 'Add Event', fill in event details, and click 'Add Event to Template' to create the template event.
- Bill for your specific users by selecting "Bill" next to the user name.
- Add as many events to your template as desired by repeating these steps.
11. Link an activity by specifying 'Start date should be relative to matter open date or milestone'.
- Utilize options from the drop-down menus.
- If you are unable to link the activity to a previous event or task, check to see that the activity has been marked as a Milestone.
- The blue 'link' icon indicates that the activity is a Milestone, indicating that once completed, other activities are triggered.
Need more help?
Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or [email protected].