How to sync folders and documents between Rocket Matter and OneDrive.
The Rocket Matter and OneDrive Integration is a two-way document integration. Once you have integrated with OneDrive, any document you upload to Rocket Matter can be synced over to OneDrive and vice versa! As long as you upload a document to OneDrive and save it in a mapped folder, then that document will automatically sync to Rocket Matter.
1. Ensure that the OneDrive Integration has already been connected.
For instructions on how to integrate, click here.
2. Navigate to an existing matter. Then, click 'Matter Documents' on the left-hand side.
If the integration is already enabled, when you create a new Client : Matter in Rocket Matter, a new Client : Matter will automatically be created in OneDrive.
However, when you create a new Client directly in OneDrive, a Client is NOT created automatically in Rocket Matter. Ideally, you will want to create a Client : Matter in Rocket Matter first. If you already created a new Client in OneDrive then you will need to create the new Client in Rocket Matter with the same name as you did in OneDrive.
4. Click on the 'OneDrive' source.
5. Select the paper or folder icon to upload a file or a folder for this matter. Select the Excel or Word icon, to upload an Excel or Word file. These icons appear on the upper right-hand side of the screen:
6. Upload the desired document/folder. Then click 'Done'.
7. The document/folder will now be uploaded into Rocket Matter and OneDrive!
NOTE: You can easily tell what documents have been synced from Rocket Matter to OneDrive when in the 'Matter Documents' screen or, in the global 'Documents' section of Rocket Matter. All synced files and folders will be in the OneDrive 'Source' and will appear with the OneDrive Icon.
If your email was not used to enable the integration, you may need to obtain access to the Rocket Matter shared folder from your Admin (if using Business) or you may need to obtain access from the individual who enabled the integration (if using Personal) in order to use the integration.