How to apply a Custom Billing Rate to a single Matter.
Custom Rates can be set on a Matter-by-Matter basis. If several timekeepers are billing time on the custom rate Matter, separate Custom Rates can be applied for each timekeeper. Custom Rates applied to an individual Matter will not affect the timekeepers' overall Default Billing Rate.
You may apply a custom hourly rate of $0 for Flat Fee and Contingency Matters. This enables you to track time on Flat Fee and Contingency Matters without charging the Client additionally for the hours recorded.
1. Navigate to the Matter and select 'Edit matter'.
2. Click 'I want to Set Custom Rates'.
3. Fill in the custom rate, user, and application date. Then, click 'Add Rate'.
- Custom Rates can be applied RETROACTIVELY. Selecting a date in the past will retroactively apply the Custom Rate you specify.
- When a Custom Rate is applied retroactively, we recommend that you review your Billable Activity for billing accuracy before you run an Invoice.
- Custom Rates cannot be applied to billable items that have already been invoiced. You must select a date later than the most recent Invoice date.
4. If multiple timekeepers are billing on the Custom Rate Matter, apply a Custom Rate for each timekeeper.
5. Click 'Back' to return to the Edit Matter screen.
Need more help? Contact our Award-Winning Product Specialists at (888) 432-1529 or [email protected].