How to add staff members to LexShare.
1. Log into LexShare. Enter the email address and password associated with your Firm and select the 'Sign in' button.
Figure 2 below is the login landing page for the ACME Corporation. This example is showing a single client and two firms. Your login landing page may only show your clients and a single firm. Select your Firm Name.
2. From the 'All Client Workspaces' landing page. Select the 'Firm Settings' link from the sidebar menu on the left side of your screen.
3. Select the 'Members' link below the firm name. This will load the staff 'Members' page showing your firm's staff members.
4. Select the Orange 'Invite Staff' button to enter your staff information and send an 'Invite' email for a new staff member to connect to the portal. Each staff member entered will require a separate license linked to a unique email account.
5. Selecting the 'Invite Staff' button gives you the option of creating a single staff entry or performing a 'Bulk staff upload' by downloading a 'CSV' template.
6. If as an owner you purchased only a single license, selecting the 'Create new staff' button will result in a notification box displaying 'No remaining licenses'. Contact LexShare Sales to add more licenses, using the email link provided in the notification.
7. Inviting new Staff:
To "Add staff" enter a valid email address and the full name of the new staff member. Selecting the checkbox for 'This staff member has owner privileges', will authorize the new staff member full control. This allows the staff member to see and manage all files and folder actions. Leave this checkbox empty for standard staff permissions.
2. Add a personal note to the invitation email (optional).
3. Preview and 'Send now' when ready.
8. The Staff members email invitation will look like this:
Staff may click the 'Join us in LexShare' button to access the account and will use the temporary password provided for initial access.
9. To add Staff members in bulk (Step 4) click on the 'Bulk Staff Upload' selection. This will load the dialog shown below. Select the 'Click here to download a CSV template'.
10. Using the Windows operating system the template download should show on the download bar at the bottom of your screen. Open the template and fill.
The file 'staff_bulk_import_template_csv' is a Microsoft Excel template file. The actual file location for the newly download file should be the default download folder setup on your computer system. If you are not sure what this location is, you can click the Show in folder selection to open the Windows file explorer app. The file explorer app will open to the location of the newly downloaded template and highlight the CSV file. Once in the file explorer, you can double click the highlighted file to open in Excel. If you are sure of the default download folder, simply Mouse click on the small up arrow and select open.
11. Selecting open or double-clicking the CSV file in file explorer will open the “staff_bulk_import_template_csv” file in Excel.Fill in the staff information and save the template to your local machine.
NOTE: The example above shows an image of the Excel CSV template with several staff entries added. Note that the Samual Ball entry has been granted Owner privileges within the portal, while the others receive standard permissions. Once you have entered your staff save the file to your local machine. This should be the location it was downloaded to originally.