How to apply payments to Invoices in bulk with e-checks.
1. Select 'Invoices' from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Set your filter(s) using the icons at the top of the screen. Then, enter any search criteria and select 'Apply'.
The Invoices will populate below, from oldest to newest.
NOTE: You can take a deeper look and filter between 'Unpaid', 'Paid', or 'All' Invoices for your Client.
3. Select 'Pay Invoices'.
4. Enter the total payment in the 'Payment Amount', select the 'Payment Date', and enter a 'Payment Description'.
- If the payment is more than the oldest Invoice amount, the remaining funds will be applied to the next oldest Invoice. If you'd like to modify the amount, simply click on the amount and enter the dollar amount you desire.
- If the payment description is left blank, payments will have a default description of "Payment towards (invoice #)".
5. Once your payment has been allocated to your Invoice(s) correctly, select 'Save Credit Card/E-check Payment' on the bottom of the screen to record the payment.
NOTE: When paying with credit card or e-check, the payment amount can't exceed the Invoice payments.
6. Enter the Client's payment information and select 'Review'.
If you desire, toggle 'Store payment details for later use.' so that your Client's credit card information will be stored in Rocket Matter.
7. Review payment details and confirm by clicking 'Pay'. The payment will then begin processing.
Check out the 'Rocket Matter Payments' report to take a look at your payments, retainers, and their statuses. Click here to learn how!