How to deactivate a user with pending billable activity.
Deactivating a Rocket Matter user will remove the user's ability to log into the account. However, deactivating the user will retain the all of the user's history and billing information.
Receiving the following error; "Cannot deactivate user because this user has pending billable activity"? All pending billable activity must be invoiced, assigned to another user or deleted before this user can be deactivated.
To view the pending billable activity for this user, click on 'Reports' in the left-hand navigational panel.
Find the following report "I want to see Billable Activity by User(s)" and click on 'Run Report'
Click 'Edit Filters'.
Enter the following in the filters:
1. Remove the start date and leave blank to pull all pending billable activity.
2. Click on 'Multi User Mode'
3. Remove all other users, leaving only the user you'd like to view all pending billable activity for. In this example, it's Sally Jones.
4. Leave both matters and clients blank to show all.
5. Select the following options:
- Activity types to show: Billable, No charge and Non-billable.
- Show with invoice status: Non-invoiced.
- Include expenses: Include expenses.
- Leave Filter by custom field blank.
- Leave Activity Tags blank.