Matter Naming: How to create and automate Matter names in number increments, by Client name or date.
In order to use Matter Naming, you must enable the permission in 'Settings'. Accessing the 'Settings' section requires administrative access. For help, contact your firm administrator.
1. Select 'Settings' from the left-hand navigation panel.
NOTE: If you don't see 'Settings' listed, please contact your firm administrator.
2. Under the 'Settings' section in the bottom right-hand side of the screen, select 'Matter Naming'
3. Here, you'll find the Matter Prefix Configuration. Click on the drop-down menu to view your options.
4. Using the drop-down menu, select one of the available options.
5. Once selected, click the '+' icon to add the option you've selected.
- Client Number: This will generate a number on a Client basis by increments, as they're created.
- Client Last Name: This will pull the Client's last name into the Matter name.
- Client First Name: This will pull the Client's first name into the Matter name.
- Matter Number (Global Increment): This number will generate in increments, per Matter.
- Matter Number (Client Increment): This number will generate in increments for each Matter, by Client.
- Month: This will pull the current month into the Matter name.
- Year (YY) : This will pull the current year into the Matter name in the format of YY. For example, 2020 would read '20'.
- Year (YYYY) : This will pull the current year into the Matter name in the format of YY. For example, 2020 would read '2020'.
- Separator (.) : This field will insert a period.
- Separator (-) : This field will insert a dash.
- Separator ( ) :This field will insert a space.