Insurance Defense Module: How to invoice with LEDES billing.
The Insurance Defense Module is available with our Premier Tier subscription
4. To invoice LEDES only, in the 'Filter by Matter Custom Field' enter 'Billing Type' in the Field Name and 'LEDES' in the Field Value. Select the '+' sign to add the custom field.
'LEDES' isn't auto-suggesting? Your unique Matter Custom Field may be different or may need to be created. Please refer to the How to create a Custom Matter Field for specific Matters with LEDES billing. FAQ.
NOTE: 'Audit Mode' is only available while batch billing and on our Premier tier.
8. Review the Report Summary and potential issues. If there are no errors found while auditing, no results will populate.
View the error 'Cost has no expense code'.
Now, while still in the expanded view select 'Edit Activities Inline'.
You'll be prompted to make any updates for each billable line item, and enter assigned LEDES codes.
When you're finished, click ' Save Changes'.
- Is this a Prebill or an invoice? Select Prebill or Invoice
- Select your file format: Select LEDES. With the insurance defense package, you'll also be prompted to include a human-readable PDF option once you invoice.
- Choose your Invoice Template.
- Select any additional invoice options.
- Select your trust options, if applicable.