How to add a Client or Matter Custom Field for all Matters.
Custom Fields can be used for several things. A Custom Field is perfect for anything that needs at-a-glance referencing. They can also be used to filter reports or bills. Or, use Custom Fields as merge fields when creating Document and Invoice templates.
1. Select 'Tools' from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Then, select 'Manage Custom Fields'.
3. Choose 'Matter Custom Fields' or 'Contact Custom Fields'.
4. Select the '+' sign to create a new field.
5. Enter the 'Field Name' and toggle 'Is default'. Then, select the drop-down list.
6. If the field type is 'Select List', you will need to enter the options one at a time. Type the option name and click the '+' sign to add.
NOTE: Rearrange the options you create by clicking on the arrows. This will change the order the options are displayed in the drop-down list.
7. Be sure to click 'Save'.
8. Once successfully saved, the field will display on the Global Custom Fields page.
NOTE: Rearrange the options you create by clicking on the arrows. This will change the order the options are displayed on the matter dashboard.