How to add a Client or Matter Custom Field for all matters.
Custom Fields can be used for several things. First, a Custom Field is perfect for anything that needs at-a-glance referencing. Second, Custom Fields may be used to filter reports or bills. Third, Custom Fields may be used as merge-fields when creating document and invoice templates.
1. Navigate to the 'Tools' section and click on 'Manage Custom Fields'.
2. Choose 'Matter Custom Fields' or 'Contact Custom Fields'.
3. Click on the green '+' sign to create a new field.
4. Enter the 'Field Name', toggle 'Is default', then choose from the drop-down to select field type.
5. If the field type is 'Select List', you will need to enter the options, one by one. Type the option name and click the green '+' sign to enter.
Note: You can drag and drop the options you create by clicking on the blue chevrons. This will change the order the options are displayed in the drop-down.
6. Be sure to click 'Save' to save your custom field.
7. When successfully saved, the field will display on the Global Custom Fields page.
Note: You can drag and drop the options you create by clicking on the blue chevrons. This will change the order the options are displayed on the matter dashboard.