How to set up Convenience Fees.
You can now configure and apply a Convenience Fee to a Matter. If a Convenience Fee rule is applied, a percentage of the Invoice will be charged on fees, expenses, or both and added to the Invoice.
1. Access 'Settings' from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Click 'Setup Convenience Fees'.
3. Add a 'Description', 'Rate', choose what to apply the Convenience Fees to, and apply it as a 'Fee' or 'Expense'. Then, select 'Add Rule'.
4. Once your rule is created, navigate to the Matter of your choice and click 'Edit Matter'.
5. Click to expand the 'Billing Information' section of the Matter.
6. Select the Convenience Fee you'd like to apply to this Matter via the drop-down list and click 'Save Matter'.
To learn more about setting up other rules, see Taxes and Surcharge rules.