How to run a conflict check.
Rocket Matter’s conflict check can help you narrow down the possibilities of a conflict of interest.
1. Click on the ‘Tools’ tab on the left-hand side navigational panel.
2. Below the header ‘Search’, click on ‘Conflict Check’.
3. Type the name(s) of the individual or company in the 'Search Terms field'. Be sure to type one name at a time and click the ‘Add To Search’ button between each name.
4. Click on 'Run Conflict Check' to see results.
4. By default the system will check each area of the software.
5. To exclude an area of the software, click on the gray tab you wish to exclude from the conflict check, then click 'Run Conflict Check'.
Notice: These results do not show anything in the 'Clients' section.
6. You may click on 'Export Results' to export your findings in Excel format.
Be sure to develop a procedure in which you consider all possibilities; for instance, don’t just search for current clients, search for past, prospective and declined clients as well. Consider searching for opposing parties, witnesses or insurance companies.
Be as thorough as possible as the results will be dependent upon the data you put into Rocket Matter.
*It is advised that you check each area of the software so that there are no unexpected conflicts.