How to make an adjustment to the Matter Ledger.
1. From your Matter Dashboard, click on the 'Matter Ledger Balance' in the 'Matter Billing' section.
2. To add a credit or debit adjustment, select '+ add an adjustment'.
Credit adjustment: A line item positive credit, which is added to the Matter Ledger for purposes such as carrying a positive balance over from a previous application, correcting an error, or applying any other miscellaneous credit adjustments.
Debit adjustment: A line item deduction, which is added to the Matter Ledger for purposes such as carrying a negative balance over from a previous application, correcting an error, or applying any other miscellaneous debit adjustments.
NOTE: Debit and Credit adjustments:
- If you manually add a debit adjustment to record a negative balance from a previous application and have applied an interest rule, interest will not apply to these entries. Interest can only be applied to fees and/or costs. Rocket Matter does not include interest on a debit adjustment.
- Credit and debit adjustments will appear as line items on your invoices.
3. Choose 'Credit-Adjustment' or 'Debit-Adjustment' from the drop-down list. Enter the date and amount of the adjustment, include a description, and click on 'Add' to save.
Click here for more information about adding an adjustment to the Client's Trust Ledger.