How to add a new Matter.
1. Select '+ Add New' from any screen in Rocket Matter.
2. Select 'Matter' from the drop-down menu.
3. Complete the Client, Matter Name, and Open Date fields.
NOTE: If the Client's name is in your Contacts, the 'Client' field will auto-populate. If the Client's name is not yet in your Contacts, you will be prompted to add a New Contact.
4. Select Billing Method, Statute of Limitations, and viewing restrictions.
To set permissions on the Matter level, select: 'Everyone', 'Just me', or enter 'The following users' by specifying which users will have access to the Matter.
Also see: How to set Matter-level permissions.
6. Enter billing information, as needed.
NOTE: Trust Accounting, Invoice Sharing, and Evergreen Retainer fields are OPTIONAL.
8. Add Related Contacts, Custom Fields, and Tag data, as needed.
9. When you're finished, click 'Save Matter'.
- How to set Matter-level permissions.
- How to change a Matter name.
- How to apply a custom billing rate for just one Matter.
- Automate your workflow with Matter Templates.
Need more help? Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or [email protected]