How to apply payments to invoices in bulk.
1. Click on 'invoices' in your left-hand navigation panel.
2. In order to pay your invoice(s) you must first enter a client, matter or invoice number. To further filter your results, enter a specific time frame or custom field.
- The invoices will populate below, in order from oldest to newest.
- Note: You can take a deeper look and filter between unpaid, paid or all invoices for your client.
3. Click on the blue 'Pay Invoices' button.
4. Enter the total payment in the 'payment amount', select the 'payment date' and enter 'payment description'.
- If the payment is more than the oldest invoice amount, the remaining funds will be applied to the next oldest invoice. If you'd like to modify the amount, simply click on the amount and enter the dollar amount you desire.
- If any additional funds from the total payment are not applied to a specific invoice, you will be prompted when saving your changes to allocate the overpayment to your clients trust or operating account.
- If the payment description is left blank, payments will have a default description of "Payment towards (invoice #)".
Note: If the dollar amount of your payment exceeds the amount of the oldest invoice then the remainder of the payment will be applied towards the next oldest invoice.
5. Once your payments have been allocated to your invoices correctly, select 'Save' on the bottom of the screen to record the payment.
Save options explained:
'Save Credit Card/E-check Payment':Take advantage of our fully integrated merchant processor, LexCharge! Accept credit card payments and e-checks with one click, and your funds will be moved right into your operating account. Want to learn more about payment processing with LexCharge, click here!
'Save with Trust Transfer': Transfer funds from the clients trust account to pay their invoice(s).
'Save': Clicking 'Save' will record the payment(s) on the matter ledger(s).