How to add a client or contact as an attendee to a calendar event.
Inviting clients or contacts to your calendar events as an attendee does not require any calendar integration (Ex. Office 365 or Google).
Before you begin, be sure to 'Enable ICS email notifications' in Settings. This will enable calendar notifications for all users in the account.
Note: In the event, you do have a calendar integration turned on, you DO NOT need to enable ICS email notifications.
1. To enable ICS email notifications, navigate to 'Settings' in the left-hand navigational panel.
2. On the bottom-right, click to 'Enable ICS email notifications'.
Note: You will not see this if you have a calendar integration turned on.
3. Navigate to the contact record, to add or update the contact record email address. The email address for this contact record will receive the calendar event invitation.
If you are using a calendar integration but have not enabled contact sync, make sure the contact email address is the same in Rocket Matter and the alternate calendar you have currently syncing (Outlook, Google etc.).
4. Click the green 'Add New' and select 'Event'.
5. Enter the event details and click the blue 'Add attendee'.
6. Enter the contact or client record as an attendee. Click the blue 'Add attendee' to add multiple attendees.
7. Click 'Save event' when you've finished creating your calendar event.
Users will have the bill tab next to their names. You can easily differentiate the contact/client records as they will not have the option to bill for the calendar event.
8. Your contact/client will receive an email with the event notification.
The example below is received by a client who uses Gmail.