How to run an invoice for current charges for a single matter.
1. Navigate to the matter dashboard you'd like to run the invoice for.
2. Click on your 'Pending Invoicing' total.
3. Select 'Current Charges' for your billing type and any additional filters and select 'pre-bill' or 'invoice'.
Note: You can also send a Unpaid Invoice Statement to your client, to learn how click here!
Choose an Activity Type:
- Time billed
Choose any Additional Options:
- Exclude previously invoiced items
- Show non-billable
4. Selecting the right 'Configure Options'.
1. Pre-bill or Invoice:
- Pre-bill:Runs a preview of your invoices, does not modify your matter or trust ledgers. These documents will not be saved to your matter documents.After your pre-bill's are ran, download the zip file for your review.
- Invoice:Generates new invoices and invoice numbers for your batch. Your matter ledger and trust ledger will reflect these changes.
2. Choose your preferred file format:
- Note, if you select aPDF file format you can choose from the additional invoice options.
- If you choose Word Perfect, Word or Excel you cannot choose from the additional invoice options.
3. Additional Invoice Options -Only applicable by selecting a PDF file format from above.
- Compile each client's invoices into one document (PDF only)
- OR/ANDInclude a client summary page with individual invoice totals and combined total.
5. Choose your Trust Details and click 'Next'.
You have $ (Trust funds) held in trust. Would you like the invoice(s) to reflect available trust funds as having been transferred?
- Yes, show $ (Trust funds) as transferred towards unpaid invoice(s).Transfer funds and reflect on this invoice. Matter ledger(s) will be adjusted accordingly.
- No, but reserve these funds for transfer from trust account later. If this option is selected, you'll see the funds listed on your trust ledger as pending withdrawal with a simple click you can confirm to transfer those funds.
- No, don't do anything, I'll manage payments manually. Matter ledger(s) will NOT be adjusted accordingly.