How to run an invoice for current charges for a single matter.
1. Navigate to the matter dashboard you'd like to run the invoice for.
2. Click on your 'Pending Invoicing' total.
3. Select the filters you would like to use and click 'Get Answer' to apply them.
Filters: Choose the date range, Additional Items & Activity Type.
4. Your results will populate below. Click on the description or on 'Edit Activities Inline' to edit line items.
This will open the line items up and allow you to edit your entries. Be sure to click on 'Save Changes' to save your work.
Drag and drop line items to change the order they will appear on the invoice, by clicking on the up and down arrows and dragging the line item. Be sure to click 'Save Order' to save your changes.
5. Once all changes are made, select 'Pre-bill' or 'Invoice'.
Pre-bill or Invoice:
- Pre-bill: This will provide you with a preview of your invoices and it does not modify your matter or trust ledgers. These documents will not be saved to your matter documents. After your pre-bill's are run, download the zip file for your review and share the file with others if needed.
- Invoice: Generates new invoices and invoice numbers for your batch. Your matter ledger and trust ledger will reflect these changes. If you are sharing invoices electronically, then the client will receive the invoices via email after you click 'Invoice'.
Choose your preferred file format:
- Note, if you select aPDF file format you can choose from the additional invoice options.
- If you choose Word Perfect, Word or Excel you cannot choose from the additional invoice options.
- Additional Invoice Options -Only applicable by selecting a PDF file format from above.
- Compile each client's invoices into one document (PDF only)
- OR/ANDInclude a client summary page with individual invoice totals and combined total.
6. Choose your Trust Details and click 'Next'.
If you have money held in trust you will be given an option to configure the trust details. The default option is toggled on as 'Yes' but you may select any of the options below.
- Yes, show $ (Trust funds) as transferred towards unpaid invoice(s) = Transfer trust funds to pay the invoice and reflect on this invoice. The Matter ledger(s) will be adjusted accordingly.
- No, but reserve these funds for transfer from trust account later = If this option is selected, you'll see the funds listed on your trust ledger as pending withdrawal with a simple click you can confirm to transfer those funds.
- No, don't do anything, I'll manage payments manually = The Matter ledger(s) will NOT be adjusted accordingly, nor will any trust funds move to a 'pending' state. The trust funds will remain untouched and any payments will need to be input manually.