How do I add or change a merge field on my Invoice Template?
1. To add or change a merge field on your Invoice template, you will need a copy of the Template Merge Fields and Tables. Click on the 'list of available fields' to download.
2. You will also need to download the Invoice Template you want to work on. You can download a pre-formatted template, or you can open your current template.
- You can download the current invoice template by clicking 'download template'.
8. After pasting the merge field, 'right-click' the clipboard icon and click on 'Match Destination Formatting'.
9. If you need to customize a merge field to match a matter custom field, copy the merge field named «Matter.Custom.INSERT» from the Template Merge Fields and Tables.
Note: Merge fields are not static fields. They contain code which pulls information from a referenced location into the field. (Hence the term 'merge-field'). Selecting 'Toggle Field Codes' reveals the code associated with the merge field.
14. Replace 'INSERT' with your matter field. Be sure to type exactly the same words as in your matter dashboard and remove any spaces.
- Follow the prompts to select the invoice template you wish to upload. Click "Next".
- We recommend that you run a Pre-Bill to confirm that the changes to your Invoice are according to your specifications.
Need more help?
Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or [email protected]