How to run a Prebill at the Matter level.
A Prebill is a preview of what your client will see when invoiced. You can provide your billing users with a Prebill in order for them to audit time entries and/or expenses for their Matters. Billers may choose to run a Prebill to view the layout of their Invoices and tweak their Invoice Templates, if necessary. Many firms choose to run Prebills prior to invoicing as a best practice. You do not have to run a Prebill prior to invoicing, it is simply an option.
1. Navigate to the Matter.
2. Select 'Matter Billing' from the left-hand navigation panel.
3. Set the appropriate filters and select 'Get Answer':
4. Results will populate on the screen. Next, select 'Pre-bill'.
5. Select your file format and Invoice Template. Click 'Next' to advance.
6. Confirm this action by selecting 'Run Pre bills'
Toggling 'No' will allow you to go 'Back'.