RM Trust: How to apply Payments to Invoices in bulk using trust.
1. Click on 'Invoices' in your left-hand navigation panel.
2. In order to pay your invoice(s) you must first enter a client, matter or invoice number. To further filter your results, enter a specific time frame or custom field.
- The invoices will populate below, in order from oldest to newest.
- Note: You can take a deeper look and filter between unpaid, paid or all invoices for your client.
3. Click on the blue 'Pay Invoices' button.
Note: Be sure to toggle-on the 'Detailed' view to see trust account information, along with costs and fees.
4. Enter the total payment in the 'payment amount', select the 'payment date' and enter 'payment description'.
- If the payment is more than the oldest invoice amount, the remaining funds will be applied to the next oldest invoice. If you'd like to modify the amount, simply click on the amount and enter the dollar amount you desire.
- If any additional funds from the total payment are not applied to a specific invoice, you will be prompted when saving your changes to allocate the overpayment to your clients trust or operating account.
- If the payment description is left blank, payments will have a default description of "Payment towards (invoice #)".
- If you would like the payment to come from trust, click the drop-down arrow to select the desired trust account.