Prebills section: Paperless Prebill process overview.
Rocket Matter's new Prebill feature allows you to create a streamlined and paperless workflow that ensures accuracy. The new Prebill approval process is designed to make the entire Prebill process electronic and remove the need to print for review. Once billable activities are sent to the 'Prebill' section, you will not be able to add new billable activities to the same Prebill without access.
Users with billing access have the ability to run Prebills for a single Matter or, run Prebills for multiple Matters in a batch. Once you generate your Prebills, all Prebill activities move out of general batch billing and into the 'Prebills' section.
From the 'Prebills' section, you can edit and comment on specific line items. You can also tag other Rocket Matter users and notify them of questions or requests you have regarding specific time entries. Other team members can make their changes and/or send comments back to the biller. The Rocket Matter Communicator system has been updated to allow user-specific tagging. This functionality allows you to send real-time notifications to your team.
Additionally, you can track changes and flag issues as resolved or unresolved. You can also filter and view prebills by Client, Matter, Matter Custom Field, Primary Attorney, and more!
Here is a quick breakdown of each status that can be applied to your Prebills:
- Pending: This Matter requires review or modifications and is not ready to be set to the 'Approved' status.
- On Hold: This Matter is currently on hold from invoicing its billable activity.
- Approved: This Matter as been reviewed and is ready to be invoiced. Only Prebills set to the 'Approved' status can be invoiced.
Prebill Approval Process
The entire Prebill approval process consists of:
1. Sending your Matter Billing or Batch Billing to the 'Prebills' section.
2. Filtering your results.
3. Generating the Prebills and sending additional electronic correspondence, if necessary.
4. Receiving correspondence and making edits to line items.
5. Changing the status of your Prebills.
6. Generating your Invoices.