*QuickBooks Online: How do I enable Taxes in QuickBooks Online?
Rocket Matter features the ability to apply taxes and surcharges to any Matter. Regardless of whether you apply taxes to the matters in your Rocket Matter account, in order for your Rocket Matter/QuickBooks Online sync to be effective, 'Sales Tax' must be enabled in your QuickBooks Online Account.
- In QuickBooks Online, select to Taxes in the left-hand navigational panel, then Sales tax.
- Select Use Automatic Sales Tax.
- You'll see your business name address here if you updated your business info in Settings ⚙. If not, enter your business address in the address fields. Then select Next.
- When asked if you need to collect sales tax outside of your state, select Yes or No.
- If you selected yes, in the Select an agency field, enter another state where you collect sales tax, or use the ▼ dropdown to see all options for cities and states. Repeat for any city, county, or state that you need to collect sales for.
- Select Next. Then close the window by selecting X.
- When prompted, in the Filing frequency ▼ dropdown, select how often you file sales tax.
- If you collect sales tax for more than one location, select Next agency and repeat selecting the filing frequency for each.
- Select Save.