How to activate Two-Factor Authentication.
Two-Factor Authentication uses the Google Authenticator app to provide an added layer of security on your Rocket Matter account.
Things to know before getting started:
Recovery codes are used to log into your account in case you cannot access the Google Authenticator or your mobile device.
- If the recovery codes are used, or if you lose the codes, you will need to restart this process.
- You will not be given additional recovery codes.
- As such, we recommend downloading your codes and saving them to a secure location. When you click 'Download' a .CSV file containing your recovery codes will be saved to your computer's 'Downloads' folder. Save this file to a secure location.
- We also recommend printing the codes and saving a copy in a safe place.
- In the 'User List' you will be able to identify which users are utilizing two-factor authentication.
1. Select 'Settings' from the left-hand navigation panel.
NOTE: If you don't see 'Settings', please contact your account administrator.
2. Then, click 'Configure Two-Factor Authentication'.
NOTE: If you do not see 'Configure Two-Factor Authentication' in your Settings, please contact our Support Team to enable this FREE feature. Then, you may proceed with the following steps to activate Two-Factor Authentication.
3. Click 'Yes, enable two-factor authentication'.
At this point, your users will be will still be able to access Rocket Matter on their mobile devices, but they will NOT be able to access Rocket Matter on their desktops (Web version of Rocket Matter) until you complete Two-Factor Authentication setup.