Batch Billing for Matters with current charges and/or Matters with outstanding balances (and include the unpaid Invoices).
3. Be sure that 'Matters with current charges' and 'Matters with no current charges that have unpaid invoices' are both toggled.
What is the difference between a Statement and an Invoice?
Invoice: Generates new Invoices and Invoice numbers for your batch. Your Matter Ledger and Trust Ledger will reflect these changes.
Statement: An unpaid Invoice Statement will display the Client, Matter information, and the Invoice numbers with the total amount due. This does not create a new Invoice number, it just provides an overview of what's due for all Matters. The Unpaid Invoice Statement template can be modified in 'Tools' under 'Custom Invoice Templates'.
- Case Type: Select 'Hourly', 'Flat Fee', 'Contingency', or select all that apply.
- Matters that owe more than: Enter a dollar amount.
- Start Date/End Date: Select a specific 'Start Date' and 'End Date' (today's date is entered by default), or leave blank to pull all activity up until your selected end date.
- For Primary Attorney: Select a specific attorney or leave blank to select all.
- For Clients: Select a specific Client or leave blank to select all.
- Filter by Matter Custom Field: You have the option to include ANY or ALL of the custom fields entered.
1. Audit your batch.
2. Export Results, if desired.
3. Print Results, if desired.
1. Prebill or Invoice:
- Prebill: Runs a preview of your Invoices, does not modify your Matter or Trust Ledgers. These documents will not be saved to your Matter Documents. After your Prebill runs, download the zip file for review.
- Invoice: Generates new Invoices and Invoice numbers for your batch. Your Matter Ledger and Trust Ledger will reflect these changes.
2. Choose your preferred file format:
- Note, if you select a PDF file format you can choose from the Additional Invoice Options.
- If you choose Word or Excel you cannot choose from the Additional Invoice Options.
3. Additional Invoice Options - Only applicable by selecting a PDF file format from above.
- Compile each Client's Invoices into one document (PDF only)
- OR/AND Include a Client summary page with individual invoice totals and combined total.
Would you like the Invoice(s) to reflect available Trust funds as having been transferred?
- Yes, show $ (Trust funds) as transferred towards unpaid Invoice(s). Transfer funds and reflect on this invoice. Matter Ledger(s) will be adjusted accordingly.
- No, but reserve these funds for transfer from the Trust account later. If this option is selected, you'll see the funds listed on your Trust Ledger as pending withdrawal. With a simple click, you can confirm to transfer those funds.
- No, don't do anything, I'll manage Payments manually. Matter ledger(s) will NOT be adjusted accordingly.
Invoice batch progress: Your Invoices are being processed. You can leave this page at any time. The progress bar will remain in place and you will be notified when the batch is complete.