How to make an adjustment to a Client's Trust Ledger.
1. Navigate to the Matter.
2. Click on the 'Client Trust Ledge Balance'.
3. View the 'Trust Ledger Details'.
4. Click '+ add an adjustment'.
5. Choose the 'Credit - Adjustment' or 'Debit - Adjustment'. Enter an 'Amount' and a brief 'Description'. Then, click 'Add'.
Credit adjustment: A positive credit line item, which is added to the trust ledger for purposes such as carrying a positive balance over from a previous application, correcting an error, or applying any other miscellaneous credit adjustments.
Debit adjustment: A line item deduction, which is added to the trust ledger for purposes such as carrying a negative balance over from a previous application, correcting an error, or applying any other miscellaneous debit adjustments.
NOTE: Debit and Credit adjustments:
- If you manually add a debit adjustment to record a negative balance from a previous application and have applied an interest rule, interest will not apply to these entries. Interest can only be applied to fees and/or costs. Rocket Matter does not include interest on a debit adjustment.
- Credit and debit adjustments will appear as line items on your invoices.
Click here for information on adding an adjustment to the Matter Ledger.