How to create a Custom Matter Field for all Matters to identify Clients billing with LEDES.
Please be advised that this is an option to enable filtering by LEDES when batch billing, not a required component to run LEDES billing.
1. Select 'Tools' from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Then, select 'Manage Custom Fields'.
3. While viewing 'Matter Custom Fields', select the '+' sign to add a new Matter Custom Field.
All Matter Custom Fields listed below will appear on all existing and new Matters.
4. Enter 'Billing Type' as the field name and toggle 'Is Default' so it will appear by default every time a new Matter is created. For LEDES purposes, select 'Text Input' and click 'Save'.
As noted above, entering 'Billing Type' is a suggestion provided by Rocket Matter to enable filtering by LEDES when batch billing. You can keep the name 'Billing Type' or customize the field to fit your billing preferences.
5. Navigate to a LEDES Matter by entering the Matter or Client name in the global search.
6. While viewing the Matter Dashboard, scroll down to the Matter Custom Field section. You'll notice the field 'Billing Type' has appeared.
7. Select 'Edit Fields'.
8. Enter 'LEDES' in the 'Value' field next to 'Billing Type'. Click 'Save Changes' when complete.
To find out how to bill for LEDES Matters, check out this FAQ.