How to set up and enable LEDES Billing.
Setting up LEDES on a firm level requires Administrative access.
1. To enable LEDES, select 'Settings' from the your left-hand navigation panel.
2. Then, select 'Enable LEDES 1998B' in the bottom-right corner.
If you do not see the 'Enable LEDES 1998B' please contact support at (888) 432-1529.
3. Select the check box to 'Enable LEDES 1998B' and enter your Firm I.D. When you're finished, select 'Save'.
4. While still on the 'Settings' page, select ‘Configure LEDES mapping’.
Our users can define which Rocket Matter data fields correspond to which LEDES headers. Our flexible LEDES configuration allows users to customize their own field mappings by Client, or throughout the entire application.
5. To customize your LEDES fields, change the 'Current Value' to the appropriate field. When finished, click 'Save Changes'.
NOTE: If the 'Current Value' field doesn't have a value, the LEDES bill will generate the Invoice with the 'Default Field' values.
6. Next, select 'Tools' from the left-hand navigation panel.
7. Select ‘Manage Custom Fields’.
8. While viewing the 'Global Custom Fields' for your account, confirm that you're viewing 'Matter Custom Fields'.
This is not a mandatory step, but highly recommended.
Entering these Matter Custom Fields will allow users to filter their billing by LEDES when running their batch billing.
For users that only generate LEDES bills, this step is not applicable.
For users that only generate some LEDES bills, a Matter Custom Field will need to be created for each Matter to filter these bills separately. To learn how, please click here.
9. Select the "+" sign in the right corner of this screen to add a new Matter Custom Field.
10. Enter 'Billing Type' as the field name and toggle 'Is Default' so it will automatically appear every time a new Matter is created.
11. For LEDES purposes, select 'Text Input' and click 'Save'.
For additional custom fields that are used throughout Rocket Matter, it's recommended to take advantage of the additional options such as date, number, or list to better manager and organize your custom fields.
12. Next, assign every user their designated timekeeper code. Navigate back to the ‘Settings’ section using your navigation panel and select ‘Manage Users’.
13. Select the user’s name to edit their profile.
14. While viewing their profile, enter their designated timekeeper code.
LEDES accepts the following Title abbreviations for timekeepers:
- PT = partner
- AS = associate
- OC = of counsel
- LA = legal assistant
- PL = paralegal
- OT = other
Optional: For any Client that requires a different LEDES field mapping, this can be edited on a Client level.
1. To edit a Client's field mapping for all of their Matters, go to the Client contact record. In the top right-hand side of the screen, click ‘Edit LEDES Mapping’.
Users can define which Rocket Matter data fields correspond to which LEDES headers. Our flexible LEDES configuration allows users to customize their own field mappings by Client.
2. To customize your LEDES fields, change the 'Current Value' to the appropriate field. When finished, click 'Save Changes'.
NOTE: If the 'Current Value' doesn't have a value, the LEDES bill will generate the Invoice with the 'Default Fields' values.