How to setup an automated payment plan.
1. Navigate to the appropriate matter you'd like to create a payment plan for.
2. While in the matter, click on ‘matter payments’ in the left-hand navigation panel and select ‘Payment Plan’. Click ‘next step’.
Note, a negative matter ledger balance is required to create a payment plan.
3. Enter plan details.
4. Enter the total dollar amount to be paid, select date of first payment, add payment failure email recipients (click the green “+” to add the email). Lastly, select the payment frequency from the drop-down.
5. Select one of the payment terms.
6. Enter automatic billing if you’d like to utilize this option. Choose between billing to a credit card or e-check account.
Note: If you dont select this option, your clients will receive an email with a link to make each payment.
Toggle "Store payment details for later use" if you would like to save the credit card information to use again.
7. Click 'Continue' to save card information. You may need to enter it twice if your account is configured to use both Trust and Operating.
* Note: You will only need to enter it twice the first time you store the credit card information.
8. Click 'Next Step' to continue.
8. Confirm where you'd like your funds posted.
1. Operating (To enable contact LexCharge Support).
2. Trust (To enable contact LexCharge Support).
- 3. Automatic Accounting: This option will apply collected funds toward any unpaid balances and anything excess post to the trust account.