RM Permissions: How to manage user permissions.
In order to set up or edit user permissions, one must be an "admin." in your Rocket Matter account. Admins have access to the 'Reports' and 'Settings' section in the left-hand navigation panel. If you need to have user permissions changed and you are not an admin, please speak to your supervisor.
1. Click on 'Settings' in the left-hand navigation panel.
2. From the 'Users' category, click on 'Manage Role Permissions'.
3. The 'Role Listing' page has two main tabs to choose from. Choose to display all existing roles within your firm or all users and the current roles attached to their profile.
4. By clicking on the blue title of the role, you will be able to view and edit the actual permissions assigned to that role.
5. You may edit the name of the role and the the description of the role.
6. To edit the actual 'permissions' in each category, click on the '+' sign on the left-hand side of the screen.
7. From here, you may turn on the desired functionality by switching the toggle switch on for each permission. Or, toggle on the 'Assign all' switch to enable all permissions in this category.
Note: When editing permissions in a role category, you will be editing the permissions for all users assigned to this role. If you need a user to have unique permissions that differ from that of all other users assigned the role permissions, you will need to create a new role for that user.