Things to know before syncing your Office 365 contacts and calendar.
Office 365 Outlook Calendar Sync:
- Calendar events will only show on your Rocket Matter calendar if the event owner is a Rocket Matter user.
- If a calendar invitation is set to a Rocket Matter user from someone that is not a Rocket Matter user, this event will appear on your Outlook Calendar but will not sync to Rocket Matter.
Office 365 Contact Sync:
- Calendar event attendees will not be included in synced events unless contact syncing is enabled.
- If contact syncing is not enabled, all calendar event attendees that have the same contact record and email address existing in both Outlook and Rocket Matter will be added to the calendar event successfully.
- Clicking 'Enable Contact Sync' will sync all Outlook contacts to Rocket Matter for all users that have the contact syncing enabled. All Rocket Matter users in the account will have access to see all synced contact records. Also, once enabled, all Rocket Matter contacts will appear as a contact record in Office 365.
- You can disable the contact sync within Rocket Matter at any time ending any further contact syncing. However, disabling the contact sync in Rocket Matter won't remove any previously synced contacts, those contact records will remain unless manually deleted.