How to create a Document Template
Document Templates are used to create custom documents in Rocket Matter. Templates are created as Word documents and populated wth either standard Rocket Matter 'document mergefields', or with custom Rocket Matter 'document mergefields'. Rocket Matter document mergefield lists can be downloaded from the Admin section.
1. Navigate to your Admin section, and click "Document Templates".
2. You can use the existing sample Templates in your account to work from, or you can create your own Template from scratch from a Word document.
3. Download a list of available 'document mergefields' by clicking "MergeFieldsList.docx."
4. Open MergeFieldsList.docx in Word. Locate your desired mergefield from the list of available fields.
7. Edit the mergefield by highlighting it, and right-clicking on it. Apply formatting as needed.
- Edit font, size, style, etc. by selecting options in the right-click menu, or in your Word toolbars.
- Modify the contents of the mergefield by selecting "Toggle Field Codes" in the right-click menu. After you make changes to the field content, re-toggle your mergefield by right-clicking the field, and clicking "Update Field" again.
- When working with mergefields, confirm that you've pasted a mergefield, and not static text, by right-clicking and viewing the 'Toggle Field Codes' option. Only true mergefields will have the Toggle option appear in the right-click menu.
9. When you've finished modifying the document, save your document to an easy-to-reference location.
10. Switch back to Rocket Matter, and click "+ Add a Template".
13. In addition to Standard 'document merge fields', you can add Custom 'document merge fields' to your Document Templates.
You can add Custom fields to your Document Templates.
There are two varieties of Custom fields: Custom Mergefields for Matters, and Custom Mergefields for Contacts.
Need more help?
Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or email@example.com.