How to run a Pre-Bill
Pre-bills are like print-previews of Invoices; no debit is created in the Matter Ledger when a pre-bill is run. Pre-bills are often run to review billing detail before an invoice is run.
2. Click 'Pending Invoicing' amount.
There are several alternate ways to access the "Billable Activity" screen:
1. Click "+ Add New" > "Invoice"
2. In your Matter Dashboard, click "view more billable activity" in the Recent Billable Activity section.
3. If Taxes are enabled, click any highlighted number in the Pending Invoicing section of the Matter Billing box: Fees/Cost, Tax Amount, or Total.
3. Select Date Range and Filter Options. Then Click "Get Answer".
- Leave "Start Date" blank to view ALL unbilled activity until specified End Date.
- Uncheck "exclude previously invoiced items" to view both activity which has been invoiced for, and activity which has not yet been invoiced for. If this option is unchecked, you will only have the option to run a Pre-Bill when you run your invoice.
- To view ALL billable activity on the matter (including invoiced and unvoiced items), leave "Start Date" blank and uncheck "exclude previously invoiced items".
7. Select Trust Fund option, if applicable.
8. Click "Run Pre Bills".
- The Pre-bill will automatically be downloaded to your Computer's Downloads folder.
- Unlike Invoices, a copy of your Pre-bill will not be automatically saved to your Matter Documents section. However, you can print the pre-bill once you open it, and save it to a discrete location for reference.
- You can easily re-run your Pre-bill multiple times without affecting your Rocket Matter Ledgers, as no debit is created in the Matter Ledger when a pre-bill is run.
9. Open the Pre-bill and review.
Need more help?
Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or email@example.com