How to sync your emails into Rocket Matter with IMAP.
Rocket Matter's email integration allows you to integrate email accounts that reside on an IMAP email server. Please contact your email administrator to determine if your email is IMAP server based. Some common IMAP server names are listed below.
After integrating your Rocket Matter account with your email account, you can map one email folder to your 'Matter Emails' section. Once mapped, all emails contained in the email folder will populate the 'Matter Emails' section. Billable time can be attached to Matter Emails, extending Rocket Matter's 'Bill As You Work' technology to your emails, as well!
1. Select 'My Profile' from the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page to view the 'Email' section.
3. Click to 'Enable Email Integration'.
Email integration is configured separately for each Rocket Matter user. Each user can only integrate one email account. Multiple Rocket Matter users can map their email folders to the same 'Matter Emails' section.
4. Enter IMAP credentials, your email username, and email password. Click 'OK' to save the changes.
Common IMAP Servers and Port Information:
If you receive an error when entering your email username and password with the correct credentials make sure you're allowing less secure applications.
If two-factor authentication is enabled, this may need to be temporarily disabled to allow less secure applications.
As a security precaution, Google may require you to complete this additional step when signing into a new device or application.
5. In your email, create folders/labels for each Client/Matter.
6. Navigate to the Matter and click 'Edit Matter'.
7. Click the 'Email Folder' drop-down menu.
8. Select an email folder from the list.
9. Be sure to scroll down and click 'Save Matter'.
10. While on the Matter Dashboard, select 'Matter Emails' from the left-hand navigation panel.
11. Capture billable time from an email by clicking '$'.
12. If you choose to bill for this email, enter all applicable billing information. When finished, click 'Save'.
13. You can also search, display, and navigate through pages of emails. Or, view the contents of another user's email folder by clicking on the different users name.
Note: If you don't see the Matter Emails for a user, click on their username in the right-hand column.