How to use the LawPay - Portal integration for Client invoice sharing and payments
Rocket Matter integrates with LawPay and LawPay 2.0. Rocket Matter will work with LawPay to set up your Integration. Once your LawPay account has been integrated with Rocket Matter, you can share Invoices with clients via the Portal. Clients can then log into their Portal account to view documents and invoices, and they can pay their invoices using the LawPay engine. Payments ill be recorded in the Matter Ledger.
1. Contact LawPay and let them know you'd like to integrate with Rocket Matter.
You can contact LawPay at email@example.com, or by calling (800) 459-5798.
LawPay will securely communicate the necessary information to Rocket Matter so we can complete the integration. We'll let you know when the integration is complete.
2. Set up your Client with a Portal Account.
For detailed instructions on setting up your Client's portal account, view:
Once your LawPay integration is enabled, you may choose to set up a test Portal Account so you can walk through what your Client will experience when receiving an Invoice and logging into portal.
Once your Portal user has registered their Portal Account, you can begin sharing Invoices with them, payable through the Portal via the LawPay engine.
3. Determine whether you'd like to share invoices with your Clients automatically, or manually.
If you are testing your Rocket Matter - LawPay integration, set up a test Portal Account. Be sure to use a unique email address when inviting your Test user, and not the email address associated with you Rocket Matter Account!
3a. To share invoices automatically: Set up Automatic Invoice Sharing for your Matter.
ii. Enter the Client's name in the 'Shared Invoices': Who should receive invoices for this matter?
3b. To manually share an invoice or document via Portal.
iii. Click "Add another' and enter the Client's name in the 'Who can see this item?' field. Then, click "OK".
6. Client enters credit card information, and clicks "Submit Payment".
- Client can pay their invoice in full, or apply a partial payment.
- After the Client submits a payment, the payment can be viewed in the Matter Ledger
- View the Invoice Sharing Report for a list of all Invoices automatically shared with Clients
Need more help?
Contact our Award-Winning Support Team at (888) 432-1529 or firstname.lastname@example.org