How to create a Matter Template for a brand-new matter
5. Select "+ Additional Data" to populate Related Contacts.
6. Click "+ Add another" or "+" to add Custom Fields or Tags.
7. Click "Add Event" or "Add Task" to add an event or task.
8. To "Add Task", fill in task details, and click "Add Task to Template" to the template task.
9. Mark the task or event as a "Milestone" to allow the linking of other tasks and events to the activity.
10. To "Add Event", fill in event details, and click "Add Event to Template" to create the template event.
11. Link an activity by specifying "Start date should be relative to matter open date or milestone"
- Utilize options from the drop-down menus.
- If you are unable to link the activity to a previous event or task, check to see that the parent activity has been marked as a Milestone.
12. Review your list of Matter Template task and activities.
- The blue "link' icon indicates that the activity is a Milestone, indicating that once completed, other activities are triggered.